1. Information About Us
Our Site is owned and operated by FlexiTech Solutions Limited, registered in England under company number 07498207. Registered address: Suite 1188, Kemp House 152 – 160 City Road, London, EC1V 2NX
2. What Does This Policy Cover?
3. What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (collectively, “the Data Protection Legislation”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’. Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online data.
4. What Personal Data we collect
This section sets out the types of personal data we may collect about you.
• If you purchase services from us, communicate with us, or do business with us, this will result in us collecting certain personal data about you. For example, we collect the name, address, email and telephone number of our business contacts and prospective customers.
• We also collect information provided if you fill in a form, complete a survey, etc., which may include contact information that we decide to use for marketing purposes (please see ‘Marketing’ below). We do not normally collect sensitive personal data. In the event you provide us with any sensitive personal data, we will take extra care to ensure your rights are protected.
• Third party sources. We sometimes collect additional information about actual or prospective customers from third party sources. Most of the time this won’t be personal data (for example, we might obtain information about a company’s business), though on occasion we may receive personal data (such as a person’s work email or telephone number, or details of their role within a business).
5. How we use your personal data
We use your personal data in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating Our Site and our business, with your consent, or as otherwise set out below. We are a data controller in respect of the personal data we collect about you.
• To provide, update, maintain and protect Our Site, our services and our business.
• To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions e.g. if you use Our Site to ask that we contact you, we will use your personal data to make contact.
• If you have opted-in to receive emails and marketing communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our services and important services-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These communications are considered part of the services and you may not opt out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about FlexiTech. These are marketing messages, so you can control whether you receive them and can opt-out of them at any time by replying ‘opt-out’ to any email you receive from us.
• To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
• As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
We employ a variety of technical and organisational measures to keep personal data safe and to prevent unauthorised access to or unauthorised use or unauthorised disclosure of it.
7. Data Retention
8. Sharing your personal data and International Transfers
We will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, subject to the following exceptions.
• In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
• We may on occasion need to share your personal data with third party service providers e.g. companies who we use for data storage purposes or those who help maintain our systems virtually / remotely.
Some of our third-party service providers may be based outside of the EEA and this sharing may result in your data being transferred outside of the EEA. By accessing Our Site and using our services you are deemed to explicitly consent to this transfer. If any of your personal data is transferred to a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under applicable date protection laws. If any personal data is transferred outside of the EEA, we will take suitable steps in order to ensure that your personal data is treated just as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and always in accordance with data protection laws. You can contact us to find out more information about our data transfer mechanisms.
9. Your rights under data protection laws
Under data protection laws you have the right to (a) request access to the personal data we hold about you, (b) request correction of your personal data that we process, (c) request us to erase your personal data, (d) restrict our processing of your personal data (e.g. opting out of marketing emails as detailed above), (e) requesting a copy of the personal data we hold about you, and (f) withdraw previously given consent to our use of your personal data.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When exercising one your rights, as well as any other interaction, we can require specific information or actions from you to confirm your identity. This is a security measure intended to safeguard against unauthorised disclosure of personal data.
We will respond as soon as reasonably practicable and always in accordance with data protection laws. We may require additional information from you before actioning any request in order to validate that you are who you say you are.